- Complete the online enquiry form i.e. click on ‘ENQUIRE ABOUT ME’ displayed underneath the photo of the animal you are interested in.
- Once your enquiry has been processed and you seem to be a good match based on the information you have supplied about your lifestyle and the information we have about the animal, you will receive an e-mail or phone call from the re-homing team to give you some more information about the animal you are interested in.
- You will be asked to provide a video showing your home & garden e.g. height of fencing, cat flap etc. We will talk you through what is required. This is to check that your home would be a suitable environment for the individual animal you are interested in.
- All being well we will get you and your family booked in to come and meet the animal you have enquired about, the team will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- All paperwork will be sent to you electronically for completion.
- We can then go ahead and get a date booked for you to come and collect your new pet.
- You will receive on-going support from the Sanctuary
- We are always on the end of the phone should you need any advice or help getting your new pet settled in. This is an exciting time for us humans but going to a new environment with new people and sometimes other animals can be a little scary. Every animal will react differently going into a new home, some may take longer to get to know you than others.
- Thank you for considering offering a home to a rescue animal.
Meet the residents waiting for a new home…
Who can adopt?
We are committed to finding the right home for each individual animal based on its needs and life experiences. We look at every application and work on a case by case basis. We will happily home to families with children and other animals provided that we know the individual animal is suited to this environment. We will home to people who work provided there is a suitable plan for the animal to not be left on its own for prolonged periods of time. We are happy to home suitable pets to more senior owners provided there is a care plan or support network for the animal should it be needed. We are flexible and open minded provided the needs of the pet can be met or exceeded.
Care and support
Ferne offers real support for the lifetime of the animal adopted. We will regularly be in contact, this isn’t a check on you (!) rather it is the Sanctuary’s way of reminding you that we are here to offer support. Should an unexpected change occur in a rehomer’s life which results in them being unable to continue to offer the animal a home, the animal is guaranteed a place at Ferne and need never be homeless again.
For more details or to arrange an appointment, please call us on 01460 65214.
If the type of animal you wish to re-home isn’t available we are happy to place you on a waiting list. A minimum donation to help carry out the work of the Sanctuary is requested upon successful rehoming.
Animal Adoption Donations
Donate today and help provide refuge for unwanted and abandoned animals.
Make a single donation
To make a single donation please click on the enter your amount below and press the button.