Currently, we have a temporary new rehoming process which involves minimum contact in line with the government restrictions. This process has been approved by the government and is as follows:
- Complete the online enquiry form i.e. click on ‘ENQUIRE ABOUT ME’ displayed underneath the photo of the dog or cat you are interested in.
- Once your enquiry has been processed, you will receive an e-mail or phone call from the re-homing team to give you some more information about the animal you are interested in.
- You will be asked to provide a video showing your home & garden e.g. height of fencing, cat flap etc. We will talk you through what is required.
- Once approved, further instruction will be provided & a date organised for the meeting, you will be able to meet dogs at the Sanctuary, however our cattery remains closed for viewing, so a video link will be used.
- All paperwork will be sent to you electronically for completion.
- You will collect your dog or cat from the Sanctuary, an experienced member of staff, will ensure all social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- You will receive on-going support from the Sanctuary and a post home visit will be carried out when current restrictions have been lifted.
- We will be available to provide additional advice and support by telephone.
Please Note: Potential adopters must live within one hour’s drive of the Sanctuary, and we are unable to adopt animals to homes where a member of the household is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or is self-isolating because of an underlying medical condition.
Meet the residents waiting for a new home…
Who can adopt?
Our animals are available for rehoming from Ferne within a 40 mile radius of the Sanctuary, subject to an approved home check which will look at whether your home environment is suitable for both the animal breed and temperament you wish to rehome.
Care and support
Ferne offers real support and wherever possible one of Ferne’s Volunteer Home Visitors will visit rehomers* on an annual basis throughout the life of their pet. This isn’t a check on you (!) rather it is the Sanctuary’s way of reminding you that it is here to offer support. Should an unexpected change occur in a rehomer’s life which results in them being unable to continue to offer the cat/dog a home, the animal is guaranteed a place at Ferne and need never be homeless again.
For more details or to arrange an appointment, please call us on 01460 65214.
If the type of animal you wish to re-home isn’t available we are happy to place you on a waiting list. A minimum donation to help carry out the work of the Sanctuary is requested upon successful rehoming.