With Easter approaching, once again we ask dog owners to be particularly careful that their dogs don’t eat any chocolate.
Chocolate contains theobromine which is poisonous to them – the darker the chocolate the greater the danger. If you think your dog has eaten some chocolate, please get them to the vet immediately, especially if they have any of these symptoms: sore abdomen, excessive thirst, vomiting, hyperactivity, changes in their heart rate or drooling.
Best advice is to keep all chocolate safely out of reach and don’t be tempted to give your dog chocolate as a ‘treat’.
Enjoy your Easter… and your chocolate, but please keep it out of harm’s way!