The launch event will showcase taster sessions of some of the dragonfly themed events that will be happening over the next 14 months. These will include free bookable sessions on willow weaving and jewellery making. Also happening throughout the day will be pond dipping, a special dragonfly trail, and drop in crafts too.
All activities are free, and for one day only kids go free into the Sanctuary too. Great day of events scheduled to launch our new Dragonfly Discovery Project
Programme of Events:
11:00 Grand launch featuring Trustee/Elaine and Chard Deputy Mayor Dave Orchard
11:15 Dragonfly jewellery making
12:15 Dragonfly willow weaving
1:45 Dragonfly jewellery making
2:45 Dragonfly willow weaving
Throughout the day from 11:15:
• Drop in crafts in the marquee next to the Dragonfly Pond
• Pond dipping in the Dragonfly Pond, with microscope viewing in the marquee
• A dragonfly trail available from the Visitor Centre
• Displays in the Visitor Centre on dragonflies and the project as a whole including what’s coming up and how you can get involved.
• Pond display from Blackdown Hills AONB